Monday, March 23, 2015

Zodiac Signs

   To be perfectly honest, I know very little about the Zodiac Signs and the horoscopes accompany them. In fact, the only time I have ever researched the Zodiac Signs or horoscopes was in a sarcastic manner. I know that I am an Aquarius but thats about it. In my research, I looked at the history of the Zodiac Signs and where they came from. The Zodiac is believed to have developed in ancient Egypt and was later adopted by the Babylonians. The signs are divided into four groups: Fire, Water, Air, and Earth. The Fire signs are Aries, Sagittarius, and Leo; The Water signs are Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces; The Air signs are Libra, Aquarius, and Gemini; and the Earth signs are Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo. Each sign has different character traits and each sign gets a different horoscope.
   In my research, I focused on my own sign: Aquarius. Aquarius' are born between January 20th and February 18th. Their strengths include wittiness, cleverness, originality, creative, and caring. Their weaknesses are that they are stubborn, unemotional, sarcastic, rebellious, and aloof. In my research I found a wealth of information regarding the various relationships Aquarius' have in different areas of their lives, but I really started thinking about how Fate ties in to the Zodiac signs. Everyone likes being able to put blame on something other then themselves and having a sign give you a predisposition to act a certain way is the perfect excuse for one's behavior. Fate is such a relevant topic today because society loves having bad things be out of their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment